Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Unknown Circumstances

Every time that I go on vacation, whether it be to the next state, or even to a wonderful place like Austria, I find myself appreciating life a whole bunch more afterwards. I do not know why this occurs only on vacations, as I do try to take time to appreciate the small things on a daily basis.
I can recall one particular Sunday morning when I awoke from my slumber at my hotel Vienna Austria. I knew that day was going to be great, but I could not tell why. There just something about the way that the sunlight flowed into the room, leading me to believe that all of my worries and troubles had disappeared overnight. Of course, the issues that I had been tossing back and forth in my mind for the past few months still existed, but I had been able to shut them out of my mind so that I could enjoy my vacation to its fullest extent.

While this occurrence was absolutely appreciated, I began to wonder why I could not achieve such a state while back home in Kansas. What was so unique about being in Austria that could have caused this moment? I still do not know the answer to my question, and I have a feeling that I never will. I had spent a few more nights in Austria, this time at one of those fancy Innsbruck hotels that Austria is well known for, and the same thing kept occurring to me. This lead me to believe that perhaps it had something to do with Austria, which I quickly ruled out, since the same thing had occurred to me while in France the previous year. I have given up trying to understand why this occurs. I suppose all I can do is appreciate it when it does come around.

No comments:

Post a Comment